Paso Robles is a central California city located in the northern part of San Luis Obispo County. It offers a relaxing variety of hot springs and rolling hills to stoke out road bikers of all levels. The California Mid-State Fair comes to town in July, featuring some of the hottest names in country music.
The city offers a peaceful, yet exciting atmosphere. Its temperate climate ensures every day is a sunny day. This makes it a great place for a fun-filled athletic vacation.
Table of contents
Locals Tip: Before starting your day, stop by Spearhead Coffee for the best cup of coffee in town.
Cycle The Paso Back Roads
Paso Robles offers so many options when it comes to daily road trips. You can explore the city’s well-known trails as well as those that are off the beaten path. Route options include the historic westside, peaceful vineyard rides, and the beauty of Adelaida Road.
These roads get busy after 11 am when wine tours start, so we suggest going early to avoid the bustle.
Downtown Paso Running Route
Unlike the rolling foothills described above that are perfect for cycling, the downtown of Paso Robles is relatively flat. Since the town doesn’t get going till mid-morning, it is worth taking advantage of the empty streets to get some miles in the early morning.
On your run, you will find parks that are shaded by old oak trees – the perfect post-run stretching spot.
Strole the SLO County Farm Trail
The SLO County Farm Trail will get you familiar with the area’s many farmers and artisan food producers. You can experience farm tours and workshops that will bring you face to face with the farmers, ranchers, and other workers who bring fresh agriculture to the area. Some cool tours and workshops to check out include The Birds & The Bees Honey, Inside the Olive, and Jam Session.
Enjoy Margarita Adventures
Paso Robles offers so many terrific outdoor activities. It can be hard to get to them all. Margarita Adventures will allow you to see all the nature the area has to offer and ensure you do so safely. They offer zipline tours, nature tours, catered picnics on the ranch, and customized activities. Great activities to continue enjoying the outdoors while giving yourself some time for active recovery.
Best Restaurants in Paso Robles
The city’s healthy lifestyle includes a variety of restaurants that sell fresh, organic meals such as:
- Thomas Hill Organics: This farm-to-table restaurant serves creative, organic dishes.
- Odyssey World Café: Stop by the Odyssey for a wide selection of salads, healthy bowls, and fresh meat dishes.
- Ziggy’s: Ziggy’s is the ideal option for vegan diners. It offers 100% plant-based, tacos, burgers, sides, and desserts.
- The Neighborhood Café Acai and Juice Bar: This new café serves a wide selection of acai bowls, organic cold-pressed juices, smoothies and plant-based food.
Top Hotels to Stay at in Paso Robles
There are plenty of terrific lodging options for those vacationing in Paso Robles. Here are some to consider:
- Allegretto Vineyard Resort Paso Robles: So called for its proximity to over 200 vineyards, this is the ideal place for a romantic getaway.
- La Bellasera Hotels & Suites: This boutique hotel features Mediterranean and Tuscan architecture, and luxurious rooms.
- Geneseo Inn: The Geneseo is built from industrial crates and provides a luxury experience overlooking the CASS Winery.
- Adelaide Inn: The Adelaide offers a charming aesthetic, thoughtful amenities, and all the comforts of home.
Paso Robles is the ultimate destination for a relaxing escape. It offers a serene atmosphere as well as plenty of exciting activities. What will you be doing first when you visit?